Sunday, March 21, 2010

A Call for Volunteers - Club Event Planning

There has been a lot of interest and some talk of getting a group together to go to Waverly in Louisville. I know the CKPG is also looking at doing this and, since there are group rate options, perhaps we should all try to go together. I think we need some helpers in the group to get some of these things going. So, I'm going to ask for some help and ask for some volunteers to coordinate. Ida, since you are in both groups, would you mind taking the lead on trying to organize the Waverly outing? I know Mike had made the suggestion on here, a really good one, that we shoot for Waverly in the spring (if we can) and for the Gorge in the fall. I, myself would be all about the overnight trip, but will settle for what the group wants. Can you look at some dates and rates that would work for us?

We talked about getting John Schnell (sp?) to present at one of our meetings or to see if we could have a working outing with him in the Gorge. I believe some members said they know John personally and would be willing to talk to him in this regard. Can I get a volunteer to help set this up? If you are willing to work on this, please email me and let me know.

We've also wanted to get James Archambeault to either present at a meeting or, better, to go out and shoot with us. I've heard he's up for those kind of things. Do I have any volunteers that would be willing to contact him and see about setting something up?Thanks!!!!!!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

I did try to contact John Snell but there was a problem with the email address that is given on his web site. I will try to find another address or phone number and contact him as soon as I can.

cookininky said...

Do you want the 4 hour or all night?? Bobby says there is no discount for groups. But if we have a big enough group we would probably be the only group there at that time. He is looking into it for me. Also he said Aug is a slow time to go. Is Aug ok with you?? That would at least give evrybody awhile to get it together for it.